A simple marinade made with garlic, balsamic, and Dijon lend a delicious flavor to these Portobello caps. They are then stuffed with a nutty and vibrant spinach kale pesto and topped with pine nuts. These are great as a light dinner with a big salad or served on some of my celeriac mash, cauliflower, or broccoli rice as a starter.
Grilled Mushrooms With Spinach Kale Pesto [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Grilled Mushrooms With Spinach Kale Pesto [Vegan]
For the Mushrooms:
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, cleaned
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- A twist of black pepper
For the Pesto:
- 2 big handfuls spinach
- A big handful of kale
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- A twist black pepper
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, for topping
How to Prepare Grilled Mushrooms With Spinach Kale Pesto [Vegan]
To Make the Mushrooms:
- Add all the marinade ingredients to a jar, replace the lid and shake to combine.
- Pop the cleaned mushrooms into a tub and pour the marinade over the mushrooms. Let them sit for at least an hour.
- Preheat your grill to hot and then place foil on top of the baking tray and then add your mushrooms. Grill for 10 minutes.
To Make the Pesto:
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor or high-speed blender and pulse until everything is combined to the texture you prefer. You may need to scrape the sides down a few times.
- Finally, top the mushrooms with the pesto and toasted pine nuts.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.