A simple marinade made with garlic, balsamic, and Dijon lend a delicious flavor to these Portobello caps. They are then stuffed with a nutty and vibrant spinach kale pesto and topped with pine nuts. These are great as a light dinner with a big salad or served on some of my celeriac mash, cauliflower, or broccoli rice as a starter.
Grilled Mushrooms With Spinach Kale Pesto [Vegan]
For the Mushrooms:
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, cleaned
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- A twist of black pepper
For the Pesto:
- 2 big handfuls spinach
- A big handful of kale
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- A twist black pepper
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, for topping
To Make the Mushrooms:
- Add all the marinade ingredients to a jar, replace the lid and shake to combine.
- Pop the cleaned mushrooms into a tub and pour the marinade over the mushrooms. Let them sit for at least an hour.
- Preheat your grill to hot and then place foil on top of the baking tray and then add your mushrooms. Grill for 10 minutes.
To Make the Pesto:
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor or high-speed blender and pulse until everything is combined to the texture you prefer. You may need to scrape the sides down a few times.
- Finally, top the mushrooms with the pesto and toasted pine nuts.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
No nutrition info. Gee.