This delicious chowder is bursting with flavor. With green curry paste and spicy watermelon radish alongside the creamy coconut milk, this flavorful chowder is perfect for the transition from late summer to early fall. In addition to the watermelon radish and corn, this chowder includes jalapeño, banana fingerling potatoes, chives, and golden carrots. Feel free to swap in whatever variety of each veggie you have to make this chowder your own!
Green Curry Corn Chowder With Watermelon Radish [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 1 large watermelon radish, sliced and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large golden carrot sliced into half moons
- 1 small jalapeño, finely minced (seeds removed for less heat)
- 2 cups banana fingerling potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can coconut milk, plus 1 can of water
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon agave
- Salt to taste
- A handful of chives
- Olive oil
- Remove corn kernels from the cob and set aside. Slice your watermelon into 1/4-inch rounds and cut into bite-size pieces. Cut your carrots into half moons and finely mince the jalapeño, adjusting the amount to your specific tastes. cut potatoes into bite-size pieces.
- In a soup pot or dutch oven, heat a turn of olive oil over medium/high heat. Add all veggies and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add 1 can of coconut milk, plus 1 can water. Add curry paste and stir well. Cover and simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until veggies begin to soften. At the very end, stir in agave.
- Add salt to taste. Garnish each serving with freshly snipped chives.