These easy vegan and paleo-friendly bowls are made with pineapple, spring veggies, zucchini noodles and a creamy green coconut curry sauce! Perfect for Meatless Monday and low in calories! A bowl of straight-up spicy sweet deliciousness being delivered right to your veggie-munchin’ mouth today!
Green Coconut Curry Veggie Bowls With Zucchini Noodles [Vegan]
For the Bowls:
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced leeks
- 1/2 cup halved snow peas
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegan fish sauce
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons drained pineapple tidbits
- 4 thinly sliced radishes
For the Garnish:
- Thinly sliced Thai basil
- Roughly chopped cilantro
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Place the spiralized zucchini into a colander set over a large bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and let them sit, stirring occasionally, so they release some of their moisture.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan set over medium heat. Add in the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown and fragrant.
- Add in the asparagus, pepper, leeks and snow peas and cook until the vegetables are tender and lightly brownies, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk, pineapple juice, curry paste, coconut sugar and fish sauce and stir until the green curry is well mixed into the sauce. Turn the heat to medium to high and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium/low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has reduced by about 1/3 and thickened slightly, about 10-13 minutes. Once reduced, stir in the chopped spinach and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the spinach wilts.
- Squeeze out as much excess moisture from the zucchini as you can, and lightly pat it dry with a paper towel. Divide the noodles between two bowls.
- Divide the vegetables/sauce mixture on top of the two bowls, followed by the pineapple tidbits and sliced radishes.
- Garnish with Thai basil, cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.