This hearty salad is packed with healthy caramelized vegetables, filling lentils, and an elegant bouquet of herbs and spices. It's a great meal to make at the beginning of the week so you can have it on hand for lunches or a quick dinner.
Golden Raisin and Beluga Lentil Salad With Cumin Caramelized Vegetables [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Golden Raisin and Beluga Lentil Salad With Cumin Caramelized Vegetables [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup beluga lentils, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water, plus 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup of pitted olives, sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 a butternut squash
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 red onion
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup, or another sweetener
- Sesame seeds
How to Prepare Golden Raisin and Beluga Lentil Salad With Cumin Caramelized Vegetables [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a pot, bring the lentils and stock to a boil.
- Reduce the heat at let it simmer for about 25 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed and the lentils are cooked.
- As the lentils, cook, cube the squash, thinly slice the red onion, and cut the cauliflower into small florets. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking tray.
- Toss all the vegetables on the tray with the cumin seeds and syrup, mixing it around with your hands so everything is well coated. Bake this for 20 minutes, or until all the vegetable are tender and fragrant. When the lentils are done, stir in the cumin, paprika, olives, golden raisins, and lemon juice. Add in the roasted vegetables and mix well. Garnish with cilantro, and sesame seeds if desired. Serve with toasted pita bread and hummus.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Black / Beluga Lentil
- Butternut Squash
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1,728 | Total Carbs: 221 g | Total Fat: 72 g | Total Protein: 48 g | Total Sodium: 4,093 mg | Total Sugar: 82 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.