Who wouldn't want to start off their day with some fluffy biscuits topped with creamy, turmeric-infused gravy? These biscuits pretty much only require three ingredients, and they go great with tofu scramble! For a warm and cozy breakfast that will get your day off on the right foot, give these biscuits a whirl.
Golden Biscuits and Gravy [Vegan]
For the Biscuits:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
For the Gravy:
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
To Make the Biscuits:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. If you're not using a non-stick pan, grease your pan.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and roll into dough balls approximately half the size of your palm.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top.
To Make the Gravy:
- Place cashews in a medium sized pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Drain cashews, put them in a blender and add the remaining ingredients to the blender.
- Blend on high, adding more almond milk if need be. Pour back into pot and warm.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.