This has to be one of the easiest recipes for a delicious sweet snack packed full of goodness. Maca powder, chia seeds, and goji berries combine with a date and nut butter caramel that makes for an earthy and delectable treat. Make a batch and keep in the fridge or freezer for when sugar cravings strike – these are sure to satisfy a sweet tooth.
Goji, Maca, And Caramel Puffed Rice Slice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3.5 ounces dates, soaked in hot water
- 4 tablespoons cashew butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ounce puffed rice
- 1 ounce goji berries
- Drain the dates but keep the water.
- Place dates in a food processor along with the cashew butter, maple syrup, maca powder, and 3 tablespoons of the water. Blend well until a paste forms. Add a little more water if needed.
- Stir in the chia seeds, cinnamon, puffed rice, and goji berries and mix well so everything combines and sticks together.
- Tip into a 8-inch, round tin and press down firmly. Freeze for at least 2 hours – then when ready to serve, remove and cut into slices. Enjoy!