This gnocchi is tasty and tasty to make. Light and fluffy gnocchi are coated in a tangy and garlicky lemon chili sauce that's light enough to enjoy in warmer weather. Chopped kale is added to the sauce, bringing some greens to the table, and adding color to your bowl.
Gnocchi With Lemon Chili Garlic Sauce [Vegan]
For the Gnocchi:
- 6 potatoes
- 3 cups plain flour, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon, plus 1 tablespoon salt
For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 large red chili
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped kale leaves
To Make the Gnocchi:
- Peel, chop, and boil the potatoes until soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain well and purée until smooth.
- Mix in the flour and 1 teaspoon salt until a smooth dough forms. You may need to vary the amount of flour depending on how moist the potatoes are.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 1/3-inch thick.
- Slice into pieces, about 3/4x3/4-inch each.
- Fill a large pan halfway with water, add 1 tablespoon salt, and bring it to a boil.
- Add enough gnocchi to cover the bottom of the pan.
- When the gnocchi rises and floats to the surface, about 2 minutes, it is ready. Scoop out with a slotted spoon and put into serving dishes.
- Repeat until all the gnocchi is cooked.
To Make the Sauce:
- Peel and finely dice the garlic.
- De-seed and finely chop the chili.
- Heat the oil over a low-medium heat in a frying pan.
- Add the garlic and chili, cook for about 1 minute, or until the garlic begins to brown.
- Add the zest, juice, and kale, stir for another minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine the gnocchi with the sauce and serve immediately.