This pasta salad is a healthy pasta salad recipe that is perfect to make ahead and keep in the fridge for when you need something hearty to satisfy you, and keep you on track with nourishing your body in a positive way. The quinoa pasta salad is a no-fuss recipe with an intentional short list of ingredients, many of which are common pantry items. It takes little effort to make and can be done in a short amount of time.
Gluten-Free Quinoa Pasta Salad [Vegan]
For the Pasta Salad:
- 8-oz (227g) box Quinoa Gluten-Free Pasta
- 1 small onion or 1/2 a large one, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste (approximately 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon sea salt & 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon pepper)
For the Dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon. sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice or juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Boil pasta in salted water according to al dente package instructions, about 6 minutess. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing by combining minced garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a medium bowl, whisking until combined. Alternatively, you can add all ingredients to a Mason jar, put the lid on tightly, and shake, shake, shake.
- In a large bowl add diced onion, tomato, cilantro, and pasta. Pour dressing over the pasta mixture and stir to evenly coat the pasta salad.
- Season pasta salad to taste, add approximately 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon pepper, stir.
- Store the pasta salad in an airtight container in the fridge. Pasta salad is much better made ahead of time to allow the pasta time to marinate in the dressing. Feel free to allow the pasta salad to sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.