A gooey, soft Ginger Molasses Cookie Skillet. What better way to start off this holiday season with a decadent…holiday cookie (but like 5x bigger)? This Gluten-free Ginger Molasses Cookie Skillet is sweetened with coconut sugar, gluten-free, and of course 100% plant-based. Cut a slice, and top with your favorite vegan ice cream.
Gluten-Free Ginger Molasses Cookie Skillet [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca or corn starch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon molasses
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 2 tablespoon water)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Grease an 8-inch cake pan or cast-iron skillet.
- Prepare flax egg by whisking together flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, starch, baking powder, spices, and salt. In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the sugar and melted coconut oil. Add in the molasses, flax egg, and non-dairy milk. Pour wet mixture into dry and combine. Fold in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan or skillet. Sprinkle over a few more chocolate chunks if desired. Bake for 20 minutes until light golden brown. Top with your favorite vegan ice cream and enjoy!