The most common misconception we hear from people who are trying to become healthier is that they can’t have any treats anymore. But what do you do if you have a very sweet tooth? We have just the treat for you: a sugar-free and gluten-free chocolate cheesecake! It’s also paleo-friendly.
Chocolate Cheesecake [Vegan, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups mixed raw nuts
- 2 heaping tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon xylitol
For the Filling:
- 2 cups cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cream
- 1-2 pinches sea salt
- 1-2 pinches cinnamon
- 1/2-1 cup xylitol, 2 bananas, or your favorite sweetener.
- About 2 heaping tablespoons cacao powder, plus more to taste
- About 3 heaping tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Prepare your crust by blending all the ingredients together.
- Press the crust into a tin and put in the refrigerator to set while you prepare the filling.
- Then blend all ingredients for the filling. Add the coconut oil at the end, when everything is well combined, so it doesn’t harden too quickly in your preparation.
- Add more or less coconut cream if your consistency doesn’t blend properly. Be careful not adding the water from the coconut cream and make sure your consistency stays as thick as possible. If the filling is too watery, your cheesecake won’t set properly.
- Then spread the filling on top of your base and place in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours to set.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.