This dish is loaded with chickpeas that are full of fiber, which supports the digestive system. Ginger, used as a homemade remedy for many ailments, is known to ease the stomach. Garlic, another superfood, helps keep blood pressure under control. Cilantro helps to eliminate heavy metals from your body, so all-in-all, this is a very detoxifying dish. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Ginger Garlic Chickpeas [Vegan]
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil and extra for cooking
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce/liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ginger, chopped
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 can of chickpeas (16 oz)
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped finely
- cilantro, for topping (optional)
- Mix coconut oil, white vinegar, soy sauce, syrup, ginger, and cornstarch together.
- Mix in chickpeas and marinate while doing the next step.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Fry the garlic until golden.
- Add in the chickpea mixture and cook until thick.
- Top with cilantro. (optional)
- Serve & enjoy!