Zippy and fresh with a hint of crunch, this perfectly balance plant-based meal is packed with protein and fiber. You'll love it!
Ginger-Citrus Tofu Powerbowl with Bok Choy and Cashews [Vegan]
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 head bok choy
- 2 teaspoon orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon light-tasting olive oil
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces super firm cubed tofu
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon cashews
- 1 cup pre-cooked brown rice
- Peel ginger and slice into thin strips.
- Remove thick stem from bok choy and slice remaining stems and leaves into 1-inch pieces.
- Whisk together marmalade, soy sauce, buckwheat flour, and 2 tablespoons water in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat. Add oil, then garlic and ginger. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add tofu and chili pepper flakes; stir-fry 3 minutes, or until tofu cubes are browned.
- Add bok choy, and stir-fry 2 minutes, or until bok choy starts to soften.
- In the meantime, heat a small skillet over medium heat and toast cashews 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Stir in marmalade mixture, and cook 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Top with cashews and serve.