Want to get more color into your diet? Packed with a rainbow of fresh veggies and creamy cashew sauce, this noodle salad is a great portable lunch idea. Top this cold salad with fresh cilantro to bring all the flavors together.
Ginger Cashew Cream Noodles [Vegan]
For the Noodle Salad:
- 1 9-ounce package of soba noodles
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup pea pods
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
For the Cashew Sauce:
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon pepper
To Make the Cashew Sauce:
- Finely mince the garlic.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients except the cashews into a blender and blend until combined.
- Then add the raw cashews and blend until smooth or mostly smooth.
- Let the sauce sit while you prepare the noodles and vegetables. You will blend it again right before mixing it with the noodles.
- Prepare noodles according to package instruction. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly toast a handful of cashews to top each noodle dish. Toast at 350°F for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare all of the vegetables.
- Toss noodles in sauce and add vegetables.
- Season with salt, pepper, and more Sriracha if you want. Serve.