This recipe for garam masala is super tasty and incredibly photogenic. The quinoa provides a hearty base of starch that is complemented by the tender roasted eggplant and then finished with the creamy masala sauce. This dish is great for a quick lunch or a fancy dinner.
Garam Masala Eggplant [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Garam Masala Eggplant [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 handful fresh leafy greens
- 2 eggplants
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 7 ounces fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Garam Masala Eggplant [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the eggplant in half and cut diamond shape carvings into the flesh.
- Whisk together the olive oil and the lemon juice and brush the eggplant with the mix.
- Then add the eggplant to the oven and bake it for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa as per instructions. Don’t forget to rinse it before you cook it.
- Heat up about 2 tablespoons of the coconut milk in a saucepan.
- Mince the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook in the coconut milk until translucent.
- Next, chop the tomatoes and add them to the saucepan.
- Cook them while stirring for about 3 minutes then add the remaining coconut milk and the spices. Let everything to simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl together with the quinoa, eggplant, and the leafy greens.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.