Fudgesicles were one of the best desserts to enjoy growing up as a kid, and this recipe takes you right back to those days. These fudgesicles are a nice homemade and somewhat healthier version, and are perfect for the summer!
Fudgesicles with Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Chocolate Fudgesicles:
- 2 cups organic coconut milk or coconut cream
- 8 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1/2 large avocado or 1 small avocado, seed and skin removed
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
For the Choc Hazelnut Crunch:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Blend all the fudgesicle ingredients until well combined (should be thick and creamy). Pour into icy pop molds and stick one paddle pop stick in each, place in freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
- To remove fudgesicles place under running warm water and you should be able to easily pull them out of the moulds.
- For the Choc Hazelnut Crunch mix together coconut oil, cacao and maple syrup. Pour chocolate on top of fudgesicle with a spoon over the bowl and sprinkle on the hazelnuts.
- Repeat with remaining fudgesicles.
- Enjoy straight away or store on a plate lined with baking paper. Enjoy!
You will need popsicle molds + paddle pop sticks + high speed blender or food processor