This soft, sweet cake is loaded with coconut flavor! Whoever said cake can't be good for you clearly hasn't met this one. This recipe is healthy, gluten-free, and naturally sweetened. A single layer cake that’s super easy, but a total crowd pleaser. This vegan coconut cake is perfect for the warm weather seasons. Coconut just screams tropical, warm, fun, and summertime.
Fruit-Sweetened Triple Coconut Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 1 cup date paste (about 16 Medjool dates blended with 1 cup hot water)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1/2 shredded, unsweetened toasted coconut
- Optional toppings: coconut whipped cream, date caramel, coconut milk, and shredded toasted coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond and coconut flour and stir to combine.
- Add the date paste, applesauce, coconut extract, and 2 cups of almond milk. Stir to combine.
- Once that is all incorporated, add the final cup of almond milk.
- Fold in the toasted coconut and mix until everything is combined.
- Bake the cake for 1 hour. Allow the cake to cool for at least 1 hour in the pan, and even after that it may be fragile when you turn it out.