Savory and satisfying, this fresh spinach quiche is a wonderful spring dish loaded with greens, legumes, and other healthy ingredients. Enjoy it as the recipe dictates or throw in some broccoli, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, or your favorite herbs. The nutritional yeast gives this quiche a slightly cheesy undertone, but if you'd like more of a kick, mix in some red chili flakes or drizzle Sriracha upon serving.
Fresh Spinach Quiche [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 3 1/2 cups leeks, white part only, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces firm silken tofu
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed completely
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed, or whole chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a 10-inch spring-form pan or a pie pan with parchment paper.
- Sauté the leek slices and garlic in oil or water over medium-high heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine the tofu, peas, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stir together with the sautéed vegetables and the rest of the ingredients and pour into the pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the quiche firms up and starts to get golden at the edges.
- Serve hot.