This easy dairy-free mousse is simply made with just 5 ingredients. The blueberries add natural sweetness and give the mousse such a pretty purple color. This recipe is raw, vegan, gluten-free, fruit-sweetened and paleo; this one checks a lot of allergy-friendly boxes! Above all, it's delicious, light, and makes a great dessert.
5-Ingredient Blueberry Mousse [Vegan, Grain-Free, Raw]
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for a minimum of 30 minutes
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or a splash of vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon maqui berry powder (optional)
- Fresh blueberries, lavender sprigs, and/or edible flowers as garnish (optional)
- Allow the frozen blueberries to sit for about 10 minutes to allow them to defrost a bit.
- Drain the cashews.
- In the pitcher of a high speed blender, add the ingredients in this order: blueberries, drained cashews, lemon juice, hot water, and the vanilla and maqui berry powders if you're using them.
- Begin blending on low speed, using the tamper stick or stopping and scraping the sides with a spatula to push all the ingredients towards the blade. Slowly increase the speed to high. Once the mixture looks well-blended stop the blender and pour in the melted coconut oil. Blend again for 30 seconds.
- Pour the mousse into 4 serving dishes. Garnish as you like. Serve immediately or chill for two hours to firm up, which creates more of a mousse texture.
Leftovers keep for 3 days in the refrigerator if stored in a sealed container.