This is a great summer/BBQ/picnic recipe with flavors and textures of seafood without the cruelty. Serve as a side dish, in a sandwich, baguette, wrap, or taco.
Fish-Free See-Food Salad [Vegan]
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 3.5 ounces firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons nori flakes buy or make from nori sheets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 small gherkin finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 celery stick chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetcorn
- generous pinch of sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 4-6 tablespoon vegan mayo (add depending on taste preference)
- Add the chickpeas to a large bowl and crumble in the tofu. Mash the chickpeas with a fork then add the nori, celery, sweetcorn, onion, garlic, 'tuna', gherkin, vinegar, miso, capers, mustard, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Mix together coating all the ingredients.
- Add the mayo then mix in.
- Pop in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!