This naturally vegan Fennel Herb Salad is really simple to prepare and it packs a wonderful flavorful punch! The crunchy fennel and herbs produce a refreshing quality while the sun-dried tomatoes and capers add a nice umami to the mix.
Fennel Herb Salad With Italian Style Salsa Verde [Vegan]
- 1 Fennel Bulb, stalks removed, cut in half and remove core, thinly sliced
- 1 Head of Radishes, thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks.
- 1/ Cup Oven Dried Tomatoes (or dry sun-dried tomatoes) or to taste, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Whole Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Whole Italian Flat Leafed Parsley Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Whole Mint Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Chives
- 2 Tablespoons Capers, or to taste
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon +1 Teaspoons Champagne Vinegar or to taste
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil, minced
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Parsley, minced
- 1 Tablespoons Fresh Mint, minced
- 1 Tablespoons Fresh Chives, minced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 2 Teaspoons Shallots, minced
- 2 Teaspoons Capers, minced, or to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Peppers, or to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt, or to taste
- Red Cabbage
- Artichoke Hearts
- If you are using oven dried tomatoes, you will need to make them a day ahead.
- Mince and measure everything then add to a jar. Shake well and set aside.
- Add the fennel to a large bowl along with radishes, herbs, tomatoes and capers. Stir in the dressing or serve it on the side.
- Fennel Recipes