These bowls come together easily and are full of flavor and get a fresh crunch from the romaine!
Fattoush Salad Bowl [Vegan]
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sumac, plus extra for serving
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 small head Romaine, trimmed and cut into 1‑inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup lemon vinaigrette
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup crumbled pita chips
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, sumac, salt, and pepper together in bowl until combined. Stir in chickpeas, then microwave until just warmed through, about 30 seconds. Set aside to cool, about 5 minutes.
- Toss romaine, mint, and scallions with half of lemon vinaigrette to coat, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide among individual serving bowls, then top with tomatoes, cucumber, and cooled chickpeas. Drizzle with remaining sauce and sprinkle with pita crumble and sumac to taste. Serve.
A lemon vinaigrette would also taste great as a dressing.