This vegan and vegetarian quesadilla recipe is perfect for eating at home with friends or family, for lunch or dinner. Additionally, if you have kids and they bring friends to your house, this recipe can turn into a delicious and nutritive vegan snack! It is so yummy and can be switched up to match your tastes!
Fajita Quesadilla with Chipotle Cream [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Fajita Quesadilla with Chipotle Cream [Vegan]
- Red and yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated vegan cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated vegan mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper
- 1 bunch scallions
- 8 flour tortillas
- Vegan butter or extra virgin olive oil
How to Prepare Fajita Quesadilla with Chipotle Cream [Vegan]
- To start, toss the oil, bell peppers, onion, zucchini and lemon pepper in a bowl. Mix all vegetables, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat and add all the vegetables of the bowl there. You won’t need oil because we already used it inside the bowl. Cook them until it’s soft and charred.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the vegetables cool. Place the vegetables in a bowl and mix it up with the cheese and scallions.
- Now, you can fill the tortilla with the cheese and vegetables. Fill it until you think it’s necessary. Repeat this step with the other tortillas.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat and add a bit of vegan butter or oil. In this step, you can cook two quesadillas the same time inside the pan. Wait until the cheese is melted.
- Cut the avocado and scoop it out with a spoon. Slice it up and add a little salt.
- Remove the quesadilla from the pan and cut it up in 3 (three) sizes. Top all the quesadillas with avocado. Make sure that every slice has a bit of avocado in the top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.