This power bowl is a really well rounded, balanced dish that is packed with variety in both texture and flavor. It's full of fresh vegetables like carrots, broccoli, and zucchini, as well as protein powerhouses like black beans and fluffy quinoa! Balance out all the freshness with some mildly spicy salsa or fresh-sliced avocado and enjoy!
El Fresco Quinoa Bowl [Vegan]
- 1 cup of quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- 2 cups of diced zucchini
- 2 cups of broccoli, chopped small
- 1 cup of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup of cilantro, rough chopped (more or less depending on preference)
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups of liquid in a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to stand for 5 more minutes (still covered). Fluff and set aside.
- While the quinoa is cooking, add olive oil to a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the carrots, zucchini, broccoli, and a few dashes of sea salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are about half way tender
- Add in the black beans and 1/4 cup of the chopped cilantro (leave the rest for garnish), and mix through.
- Saute until the vegetables are tender and the black beans are warmed.
- Gently stir in the quinoa.
- Spoon into bowls, and top with a dollop of salsa, fresh cilantro, and a slice of avocado.