Eggplant smothered in tahini sauce is a super simple and quick side dish that packs a huge punch of flavor. The roasted eggplant has a delightful texture, and when you leave the skin on you get a result that is slightly chewy with a super soft creamy center.
Eggplant Smothered in Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 large eggplant, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced for topping
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread eggplant on the baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, stirring at the 10 and 20 minute mark.
- For the tahini sauce, mince the garlic cloves or process in a food processor. Add the remaining dressing ingredients and whisk or pulse until incorporated.
- Once the eggplant is soft, remove it from the oven and top the eggplant with tahini sauce and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.