They are quick to make, soft, tasty, and perfect for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner.
Easy Zucchini Buns [Vegan]
- 2.5 tablespoons fresh yeast
- 4 3/4 cups flour all purpose or wholegrain
- .8 cup lukewarm water
- .4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt, optional
- Add plant milk, warm water, sugar and fresh yeast into a large bowl.
- With your hands or with a wooden spoon, dissolve the fresh yeast and the sugar in the liquid. Make sure that the liquid is lukewarm to help the yeast wake up.
- Add grated zucchini to the liquid and incorporate with a wooden spoon.
- Add the flour a little at a time while stirring in with the wooden spoon.
- Add the salt and keep stirring and mixing until you have a dough.
- Continue adding flour until you get to a dough that is still moist and soft, but does not stick to the wooden spoon. In total, you should knead for about 15 min.
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen cloth and let proof for 30 mins or until the dough double in size.
- On a baking tray with parchment paper or silicon baking mat, shape 9 buns and distribute evenly on the tray. You can shape the buns with your hands or with two spoons. In both cases, wet the hands or the spoons so that the dough doesn't stick.
- Preheat the oven at 200°C (390°F), while allowing the buns to proof on the tray for another 15 minutes.
- If you want, you can sprinkle some seeds on top of the buns. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- If you can, let the buns cool down before eating them.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile