This easy vegan vanilla cake is filled with a delicious homemade strawberry jam and topped with a layer of vegan whipped cream. It’s the perfect treat for a summer picnic with your friends and family. They’ll love it! Who doesn’t love strawberry and vanilla flavor together? This cake is beautiful, it’s yummy, it’s a winner!
Easy Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Jam [Vegan]
For the Sponge Cake Base:
- 2 cups all purpose or cake flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cups soy milk
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Strawberry Jam:
- 2 cups strawberries remove stem and chop in half
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons agar agar
For the Topping:
- 2 cups vegan whipped cream
- 1 cup strawberries
For the Vanilla Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 360˚F. Then line a 7 inch round cake tins with a round piece of parchment paper.
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Add sugar, baking soda and salt and whisk together.
- Add soy milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar and fold in gently till the ingredients come together. Don't over mix.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake tin and bake for around 60 min at 360˚F. To check if cooked, Insert a toothpick into the cake. If it comes out dry the cake is ready. If wet, bake for longer. Let the cake cool completely before cutting it or layering it.
For the Strawberry Jam:
- Remove the stem from the strawberries, cut them in half and place them in a blender.
- Add the chia seeds and the agave syrup.
- Blend for a few seconds.
- Pour the mix into a sauce pan, bring to simmer and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool down, it will thicken up. If you want the jam thicker we suggest adding 2 tsp of agar agar. Boil the agar agar in the jam for 1 minute while stirring. Let cool down to thicken.
For the Whipped Cream:
- You can either whip up some ready made vegan whipping cream, or whip together a can of very cold full fat coconut cream with 1/4 cup of icing sugar.
- When the cake is cool, cut it in half with a serrated knife add the strawberry jam on top of one of the layers.
- Top with the other layer, and cover it completely with the vegan whipped cream. Use a knife or a spatula to spread the whipped cream evenly around the cake.
- Decorate the top of the cake as you like. We use some whole strawberries on top.