This Easy Peanut Butter Banana Oats Smoothie recipe is a delicious and simple way to enjoy a quick, easy breakfast while gaining awesome health benefits from the simple ingredients that marry so well together, creating a powerful kick of flavor. This smoothie is the perfect meal option for the entire family. All Vegan ingredients. Nut-free and Gluten-free options available.
Easy Peanut Butter Banana Oats Smoothie [Vegan]
- 2 large organic bananas, frozen (See Notes!)
- 1 cup Almond milk (You can use your fave plant-based milk!)
- 1/3 cup Rolled oats, gluten-free if preferred!
- 2-3 tablespoons peanut butter, Vegan-approved!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric (See Notes!)
- 1-2 Ice cubes, if needed!
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender (adding the frozen bananas, then the rest following) and blend until smooth.
- Adjust the amount of milk, depending on desired consistency, adding 1 Tbsp more at a time, if needed.
- To serve—grab one or two prepared glass(es) and pour smoothie into each and grabbing a straw. Top with banana slices and a dollop of peanut butter.
- Sip and enjoy!
STORAGE: Store any leftovers in the refrigerator, tightly sealed or in a covered mason jar, ensuring that you drink it within the same day for best taste and consistency. NUT BUTTER: If preferred, you can always substitute peanut butter with Almond butter, SunButter (perfect for allergy-free needs!), Tahini (Sesame Seed Butter), Hazelnut Butter, etc. SWEETENER: Instead of using maple syrup or Agave, you can ensure that Bananas are well ripened to create more of a sweetness. TURMERIC: While adding turmeric is optional, it definitely has benefits: powerful medicinal properties, natural anti-inflammatory ingredient, increases antioxidant activity in the body, and more. FROZEN BANANAS: After peeling + slicing bananas, be sure to store them in a freezer-friendly zip loc or container and freeze for about 2-3 hours (minimum); the longer the better.