Quick, cheap and easy vegan protein bars made without protein powders. Protein-packed chickpeas are the secret to making these! Mixed with ripe banana, peanut butter, oats, and nuts, you would never guess that these bars have beans in them! Refined sugar-free, high-fiber, and hunger-busting!
Easy No-Powder Protein Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 medium-large, ripe bananas (peeled)
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup coarsely chopped, toasted nuts or seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease, spray, or line a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a food processor or blender, process the chickpeas, milk, bananas, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla until blended and completely smooth. Transfer mixture into a large bowl.
- Add the oats and nuts to the bowl, stirring until completely blended. Scrape batter to prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake bars in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes until deep golden brown and edges appear somewhat crispy.
- Place on a cooling rack and cool completely. Remove from pan and cut into 16 equal bars or squares.