Make pasta night exciting with this simple stroganoff made from chickpeas, meaty mushrooms, and other flavorful veggies cooked in a savory tomato sauce. From start to finish, it takes about 20 minutes – and you can't beat that! Not only is this dish easy and delicious, it is also a great option for weekday meal prep!
Easy Chickpea and Vegetable Stroganoff [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 onions, chopped
- Fresh garlic (as much as you like)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 10-15 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 head of broccoli, broken into florets and chopped
- Oregano, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A splash of water, as needed
- 1 1/2 portions tomato sauce
- 3 cups, plus 2 3/4 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
- A dash of vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- Pasta of your choice (gluten-free, grain-free, etc...)
- In a large pot, sauté the onions, garlic, zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers, and broccoli with water, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook until slightly softened.
- Add the tomato sauce, non-dairy milk, and bouillon powder. Finally, add the chickpeas and stir to combine. Let cook fo about 5 minutes before serving with pasta.