Some Dijon mustard found its way into my potato salad, and I'm in love with the flavor! I also added raw grated carrots because I'm not a fan of boiled carrots ... that mushiness is not for me. The only thing boiled here are some pretty purple and white fingerling potatoes I stumbled upon at my local market. This is a perfect lunch side, so pack it for a picnic or for a weekday lunch and you're set.
Dijon Fingerling Potato Salad [Vegan]
- 2 heaping cups of chopped fingerling potatoes
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- Carrot greens or flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- Prep potatoes by washing the skin and chopping into bite-sized pieces, add to a pot, and cover with water. Heat over the stovetop (uncovered) until boiling.
- Meanwhile, add the mustard, mayonnaise, minced garlic, and grated carrot to a large bowl. Lightly mix with a fork until the dressing comes together.
- Once potatoes are boiling, stick them with a fork. Once tender (but not falling apart), remove from heat and strain in a colander. Let sit until potatoes are warm to the touch.
- Add potatoes to the large bowl over the dressing and mix with a rubber spatula until potatoes are coated.
- Add salt, pepper, and greens for garnish.
- Stir once more and serve,