Give your lunch a delicious makeover with this tasty curried chickpea sandwich packed with proteins and flavors. Chickpeas are mashed to a chunky paste and mixed with a fragrant spice blend. Some crunchy raw vegetables give this sandwich an extra dimension. Easy and straightforward, you can have it ready in less than 10 minutes.
High-Protein Curry Chickpea Sandwich [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 14-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garam masala or mild curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 1-1 1/2 lemons
- 1/2 small red pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
- 1 handful raisins
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Salt, to taste
- Slices of your favorite bread (gluten-free if necessary)
- Place drained chickpeas in a blender with garlic clove, olive oil and juice of 1 lemon. Whizz to a chunky paste.
- Transfer chickpea paste to a bowl. Blend in curry powder, turmeric, and cumin powder. Add finely diced red pepper and onion.
- Mix in raisins and chopped coriander. Season to taste with salt and lemon juice.
- Spread on your favorite bread with some chopped spinach leaves.