Crispy corn tortillas surround a soft, perfectly-seasoned black bean filling. These tacos are super easy to make and taste even better with a drizzle of avocado cream sauce.
Crispy Black Bean Tacos [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Crispy Black Bean Tacos [Vegan]
For the Tacos:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1/2 - 1 cup grated vegan cheese, optional
For the Tortillas:
- 8 corn tortillas
- Avocado cream sauce, and vegan Mexican crema (optional, for dipping).
How to Prepare Crispy Black Bean Tacos [Vegan]
For the Filling:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low. Add in the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes until turning translucent. Add in the minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Season with cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper to taste, then remove from heat. Add the cooked black beans to a large mixing bowl and roughly mash them. Stir in the onion mixture and combine well.
For the Tacos:
- Once the filling is mixed together, add about 1/2 - 1 more tablespoon of oil into the skillet and turn it to medium heat. Add 1-2 corn tortillas in a single layer and cook on the first side for about 10 seconds (the amount of tortillas you can cook at a time will depend on your pan).
- Then, scoop about 3-4 tablespoons of bean mixture onto one half of each tortilla. You can also add some grated vegan cheese on top if you want.
- Using a spatula, fold the tortillas in half and press down to shape the tacos. Cook on each side until golden brown, about 1-3 minutes.
- Continue cooking the tacos following this process until all the bean mixture is gone. Make sure to top up the oil as your pan dries out.
- Serve these black bean tacos warm with a side of vegan avocado cream sauce or Mexican crema. Happy eating!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.