Take a unique spin on pumpkin this season with some Pumpkin Coconut Lo Mein! Creamy pumpkin combined with rich coconut gives this dish a full-bodied flavor that will leave you wanting more. Filling and satisfying, it will definitely warm you up!
Creamy Thai Pumpkin Coconut Lo Mein [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, minced
- 6 tablespoons of red curry paste
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms (or fresh)
- 1/2 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree
- 3 cups of veggie broth
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 2 teaspoons of coconut sugar
- 3 teaspoons of salt (or to taste)
- Lime juice
- To serve: Brown Rice Ramen Noodles, Coriander, Spring Onion, Peanuts
- If using dried shiitake mushrooms, soak them in hot water for 30 minutes. Thinly Slice.
- In a pot, sauté ginger, garlic and curry paste till fragrant.
- Add in mushrooms and stir fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add coconut milk, broth, pumpkin puree.
- Bring the pot to a boil, add in the bell peppers and turn the heat to a simmer.
- Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes till everything is soft and full incorporated. Season with salt, sugar and squeeze lime juice.
- Serve over noodles with coriander, spring onions, pan fried tofu, peanuts.