Looking for an easy-to-make dinner dish that is bright and summery? This creamy polenta with lentil salsa is a great choice! Polenta is simply flavored with white miso and tahini, then topped with a flavorful and hearty lentil salsa. Drizzle with some soy yogurt to round out the dish.
Creamy Polenta With Lentil Salsa [Vegan]
For the Polenta:
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 3 1/3 cups water or 3 cups water and 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tahini (optional)
For the Lentil Salsa:
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 of 1 red chili, chopped
- A bunch of coriander or cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- Juice from 1/2 of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Topping:
- Coriander and cilantro
- A drizzle of soy yogurt (optional)
- Lime wedge
To Make the Polenta:
- Bring the water to a boil and stir in the polenta thoroughly to prevent lumping. Cook for about 5-7 minutes while stirring continuously. it’s done when thick and glossy looking.
- To flavor the polenta, mix together the miso paste, tahini, and nutritional yeast. Add at the very end, when the polenta is already cooked.
To Make the Salsa:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt, chili, and pepper to taste.
- Serve the polenta as soon as it’s cooked, since it will thicken when it cools off. Add salsa on top and squeeze a bit of lime on top of it all as well as a drizzle of soy yogurt.