Cream sauces are always a yes. You can use cashews, sometimes coconut, . This cream sauce is made with cauliflower and it is totally blog-worthy! Don’t judge this recipe until you try it… it is awesome! Serve this at your next dinner and don't tell anyone what the ingredients are until they're done licking the plates clean.
Creamy Cauliflower Fettuccine Alfredo [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pound cauliflower florets, sliced, or chopped
- 2 cups almond milk
- Sea salt
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 9 ounces grain-free fettuccine
- Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and stir until starting to brown.
- Pour in the almond milk and add the cauliflower.
- Season with salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until the cauliflower is soft, about 15 mins.
- Let the pot cool a little bit, then pour the contents into a blender. Note: when blending hot items, hold a clean dish towel tightly over the top of the blender instead of using the blender's cover — this will allow the steam to escape so you don't burn yourself.
- Add the nutritional yeast and the lemon juice to the blender and blend the mixture until it is silky and smooth.
- Cook the pasta al dente. Drain.
- Put the pasta back into the cooking pot and pour in some sauce. Toss, adding as much sauce as you like.