This dish is so healthy, yet so satisfying. The butternut squash and nutritional yeast give the dish a cheesy flavor while the broccoli provides a nice crunch. It’s also a great dish to make for a crowd or on Sunday so you can have lunches for the work week.
Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta With Broccoli and Kale [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 full head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 package gluten-free pasta
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup almond milk (optional)
- 1-2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chopped kale
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the cubed butternut squash and broccoli on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle them with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper and roast them for 30 minutes until they are tender.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a small sauté pan, drizzle a small amount of olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the minced garlic for 1-2 minutes until it's fragrant.
- Once the butternut squash is tender, set the broccoli aside and add the squash, vegetable broth, sautéed garlic, nutritional yeast, cayenne pepper, and sea salt to a blender and blend until smooth. add in almond milk to thin out the sauce if it is too thick.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to the same pan you cooked the garlic in.
- Add the chopped kale with a dash of sea salt and pepper, and sauté until wilted and crispy. set aside.
- Drain the pasta, and then pour the butternut squash sauce over the pasta and mix through.
- Fold in the broccoli and kale.