Missing a side for your next party? Try this tender cranberry and rosemary cornbread! It's perfect as a side anytime; spring and summer barbecues, picnics, and holiday dinners — you can never go wrong and the way that it disappears from the serving platter will only confirm that.
Cranberry and Rosemary Cornbread [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup almond, soy, or cashew milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare the flax egg by combining ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons water. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients, including cranberries and rosemary.
- In a small bowl, mix together all wet ingredients, including the flax egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan or a muffin tin. Pour batter into the baking pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. After 20 minutes, check to make sure it is done by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it doesn't come out clean, bake for another 5 minutes.
- If you choose to make muffins instead, the baking temperature and time will vary. Bake 15-20 minutes at 375°F.