These sweet and incredibly satiating energy bars are quick-to-make compared to traditional energy bars. Create your own combination by swapping out ingredients depending on what you have in your pantry.
Cranberry and Pistachio Energy Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1/ 4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled and roughly chopped pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Pour oats, almonds, walnuts, and seeds onto a baking tray and spread out evenly. Toast in the oven for 10 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Add dates and 1/2 cup of hot water to a food processor and blitz until a date caramel has formed. Add date mixture and toasted oat mix into a large bowl.
- In a small pan, gently melt maple syrup, coconut oil, and almond butter. Once combined, add to the large mixing bowl with the date caramel and oats. Stir well until everything is coated. Now mix through the cranberries, pistachios,and salt, leaving a few pistachios and cranberries for the top.
- Line a small square baking tin (8×8 inches) with parchment paper — leave a little hanging over the sides so it’s easy to remove later. Flatten the mixture down with your hands or the back of a spoon. Now add your remaining pistachios and cranberries to the top.
- Set in the freezer for 30 minutes, or an hour in the refrigerator. Cut into 12 bars and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.