Sweet apple and tart cranberry are complemented by the aroma of fresh rosemary in these light and moist breakfast cakes. Don't forget to try them while they're fresh!
Cranberry and Apple Rosemary Breakfast Cakes [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 big sprigs of rosemary, stems removed, and very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 medium apple, such as a McIntosh variety, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine whole wheat pastry flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and rosemary.
- Add applesauce and mix until incorporated and flour mixture is crumbly.
- Add the almond milk and stir with a spoon until incorporated and you have a consistent batter, without over-mixing.
- Stir in the cranberries and chopped apple.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to drop batter onto your baking sheet. Leave at least 2 inches between each cake, as they double in size while baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden. Transfer to a cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container with a piece of paper towel placed on the bottom, to absorb excess humidity.