This protein and fiber-rich pumpkin porridge is a perfect autumnal breakfast to keep you warm and your tummy satisfied for longer. Vegan and gluten-free.
Cozy Pumpkin Porridge [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup quinoa , washed and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup oats (gluten free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- Maple syrup to taste (around 2-3tbsp)
- Pecan nuts to serve
- Combine milk and water in a small saucepan and heat up over medium heat. When boiling, add quinoa, ginger, cloves, turmeric, nutmeg, and cinnamon, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add oats and pumpkin puree and cook for a further 5-8 minutes until the desired consistency is reached. Mix in the maple syrup (around 2-3 tbsp) and sprinkle with pecan nuts just before serving.