Pot pies and cornbread. Two all-time favorite comfort foods just became BFFs. Can you even imagine? That thick and creamy veggie filling is sure to send herby fall aromas all throughout your house. When the cornbread starts to rise and turns golden brown, it's a magical moment. Breakthrough that crispy crust with a spoon to get the perfect filling-to-crust ratio. These pot pies are beyond easy to make! The sauce takes 10 minutes and you can use boxed cornbread to speed things up. They're the perfect savory and hearty fall comfort food.
Thick and Creamy Veggie-Filled Cornbread Pot Pies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Thick and Creamy Veggie-Filled Cornbread Pot Pies [Vegan]
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 15-ounce cans full-fat coconut milk
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 4 cups mixed vegetables
- 1 package of cornbread mix or make you own
- 1 chia or flax egg (1 tablespoon chia or ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- Olive oil
How to Prepare Thick and Creamy Veggie-Filled Cornbread Pot Pies [Vegan]
- In a large pot, heat oil to medium and add minced garlic. Sauté 3-4 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, thyme, rosemary, nutritional yeast, salt pepper, and white wine vinegar. Stir or whisk to combine and continue cooking until the sauce thickens and starts to reduce. About 10-12 minutes.
- Add vegetables and stir again.
- Prepare cornbread and set aside.
- Prepare ramekins or baking dish. Spray with olive oil. I also recommend lining a baking sheet with foil to place the pot pies on during baking.
- Portion filling into the ramekins, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Spoon cornbread mix over top. It's okay if they spill over.
- Bake 25 minutes or until the crust has risen and is golden brown.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.