A great addition to the dinner table! Great with a hot bowl of chili!
Corn Muffins [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup corn meal
- 2/3 cup corn flour (masa)
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 tablespoons minimally processed, granulated sweetener of your choice
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- pinch sea salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened, plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons raw cashew butter
- 1 tablespoons ground flax + 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Lightly oil a 12-count muffin tin (or use cupcake papers)
- Combine the ground flax with the water and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the milk with the cashew butter and mix well (I used a mini blender for this but you can do it by hand. Just make sure it is well mixed). Add the flax mixture and stir.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Scoop batter into the muffin tin. Using an ice cream scoop makes the job easier. Fill almost to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!