These copycat mars bars make the perfect dessert and they come together without much effort!
Copycat Mars Bars [Vegan]
For the Nougat:
- 12oz (340g) silken tofu
- 3/4 cup (170g) solid chilled coconut cream, full-fat
- 7oz (200g) vegan dark chocolate, melted
- 4 tablespoons (65g) hazelnut butter
- 2 tablespoons (15g) cacao powder
For the Caramel:
- 1 cup (225g) solid chilled coconut cream, full-fat
- 3/4 cup (150g) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon (10g) cornstarch
For the Coating:
- 8.5oz (240g) vegan dark chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Make the nougat layer by combining all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blending for 1 minute until smooth. Line a 8x8” (20x20cm) pan with parchment paper and pour the filling inside. Even out the top and place in the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- In a small pan, add the coconut cream, brown sugar and cornstarch. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly while the coconut cream melts. The mixture will get bubbly and almost foamy. Lower the heat to a simmer and stir frequently for about 5 minutes. If you want salted caramel, add a pinch of salt. Pour the caramel over the nougat layer, even out and place back in the freezer for 6-8 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and set aside to cool down a bit. Remove the nougat-caramel mixture from the pan, cut in equally shaped bars and cover each bar with chocolate.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to chill. Let defrost for a few minutes before serving.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile