These truffles are creamy, coconuty, rich, sweet, chocolate covered, and completely addicting. These tiny treats are special because they are made with wholesome ingredients like coconut milk, dark chocolate, and maple syrup. Enjoy with a cup of English Breakfast for a delightful afternoon snack.
Coconut Vanilla Bean Truffles [Vegan]
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon coconut oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- Seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Pink salt, to sprinkle over truffles
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the coconut flour, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut milk, and vanilla bean in a food processor. Pulse to combine until the mixture resembles a crumbly dough that holds together when pinched between two fingers. Scoop the dough into 1 tablespoon round balls and set them onto the prepared baking tray. Place the tray in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While the balls are in the freezer, melt the chocolate. In a heatproof bowl above a pot of boiling water, melt the chopped chocolate and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Stir until everything is smooth and melted. Remove from heat.
- Coat the balls in melted chocolate. To do this, place a coconut ball into the bowl with the melted chocolate. Completely cover it and then using two forks, pass the ball between them to allow excess chocolate to drip off. Place the truffle back onto the tray and sprinkle with sea salt. Repeat until all truffles are coated in chocolate. Freeze the truffles for 15-20 minutes, then serve.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.