This cookie is tender yet crunchy. It’s not overly sweet but packed with ginger and molasses which screams holiday season. These freeze perfectly and make a wonderful cookie to share with friends.
Coconut Molasses Ginger Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons black strap molasses
- 1 chia egg (1 tablespoon chia seeds added to 2 1/2 tablespoons water)
- 1.5 cups of almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1, 2-inch nub of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line your baking sheet with parchment. Set that aside.
- In a small bowl blend 1 tablespoon of chia meal with 3 tablespoons of water (you can also do this with ground flax). Stir and let that thicken up for 3 minutes. In a small mixing bowl, blend your "egg," coconut oil, and molasses. Whisk to combine.
- In the meantime, add your almond meal, coconut flour, soda, ginger, and salt to a food processor. Pulse several times then add your wet ingredients.
- The batter will be sticky but that’s perfect. Scoop out the dough with a tiny scoop and place the dough onto your baking sheet. Flatten each cookie a bit.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until golden around the edges (each oven temperature varies so watch past 12 minutes).
- Remove and place the cookies on a cooling rack.
Once cooled, enjoy! Store in an airtight container.