This delicious curry is the perfect weeknight dinner: it comes together in under thirty minutes, and everything cooks in one pot. Tender chickpeas and mountains of fresh spinach are sautéed with chopped garlic and onions, simmered in a rich and creamy coconut curry sauce topped with a splash of lemon. Simply seasoned with a few shakes of salt and pepper, this intensely satisfying meal is the perfect example of how the most basic dishes can often be the most flavorful.
Coconut Curried Chickpeas with Wilted Greens [Vegan]
2 as a main dish, 4 as a side
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large handfuls baby spinach
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Cooked rice, quinoa, or other grains
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. When hot, add the onions and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds, then add the curry powder and stir for another 30 seconds. Add the coconut milk and chickpeas, stir to combine, then bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the spinach leaves a handful at a time, stirring them in and allowing them to wilt slightly before adding more. Add the lemon juice, then taste and adjust seasonings and lemon as needed. Serve in bowls with cooked rice or other grains, and enjoy!
- Chickpea Curry
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile