These sweet treats are the perfect way to decorate your plate this Easter. The coconut and chocolate nests are filled with a creamy hazelnut mini eggs that are to die for. Let the Easter egg hunt begin!
Coconut Chocolate Nests With Raw Hazelnut Mini Eggs [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Nests:
- 3 1/2 ounces desiccated coconut
- 7 ounces vegan chocolate
For the Eggs:
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and destoned
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, ground into a flour
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds
To Make the Nests:
- Line two cupcake tins with cupcake cases.
Using a bain-marie, melt the chocolate until it's smooth, then put it into a food processor along with the coconut and mix them together.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of mix into each case and press it down with a spoon to compact and mold it into a nest shape.
- Repeat this process and once your cupcake trays are full, place them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
To Make the Eggs:
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and combine them on high.
- Mold the dough into egg shapes and place them in the freezer until you're ready to serve them.