These coconut bonbons are so delicious and you can't have just one. Sweet flaked coconut is combined with almond butter and coconut cream, then dipped in a raw cacao coating. Luckily, they make a healthy and guilt-free treat, perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth or to serve as a light dessert after a big feast.
Coconut Cacao Bonbons [Vegan]
For the Filling:
- 1 3/4 cups raw shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut syrup
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 1/4 cup melted cacao butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Place all the ingredients for the filling inside your food processor and process until a thick mixture forms. It should be thick enough to form into a soft ball.
- Scoop mixture using a one-tablespoon measuring spoon and roll into balls with your hands, transfer to a baking sheet and let them set in the freezer for 15 minutes approximately.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate coating by stirring the cacao butter, cacao powder, and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat. Once the mixture is smooth immediately remove from the heat (it shouldn't boil). Set aside to cool.
- Once the coconut balls are firm, dip each one in the chocolate coating using a toothpick.
- Transfer to the baking sheet again and freeze again until set.
- Repeat the coating process to make sure the bonbons are well covered in chocolate.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the freezer.