These no-yeast Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites are so quick and easy to make. Fluffy bites of pretzel dough coated in buttery cinnamon sugar served with a creamy cinnamon yoghurt mousse, they’re vegan, gluten-free and delicious.
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites [Vegan]
For the Dough:
- 2/3 cup (80g) self-raising flour
- 1.5 tablespoons (20g) vegan protein powder (I used cinnamon bun flavour)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (120g) thick coconut yoghurt
For the Coating:
- .22 cups (50g) vegan butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (60g) caster sugar or sugar-free alternative
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
For the Dip:
- 1/2 cup (100g) thick coconut yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon (15g) vegan protein powder (I used cinnamon bun flavour)
- 1 tablespoon runny smooth peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- To a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, protein powder and cinnamon. Add in the yoghurt and stir together to a shaggy dough. Use your hands to bring to a bowl and then place into a lightly floured surface.
- Lightly knead for 30 seconds, till the dough feels smoother then divide the ball into 4.
- Roll each ball into a log about 12-cm long (add more flour to the surface as needed if they are sticking). Slice each log into 6 pieces, each being about 2-cm.
- Place all the bites on the tray, leaving room around them as they grow in the oven.
- Bake for 14 minutes, turning the tray halfway through cooking time.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the melted butter in a small bowl and stir together the sugar and cinnamon in a second bowl. Also prepare the dip by stirring together all the ingredients till smooth and creamy and transferring to a third bowl.
- Working in turns, dip each pretzel bite into the butter and then into the cinnamon sugar to evenly coat the bites. Place on a plate and repeat with all the pretzel bites. Serve straight away alongside the dip.
- Once cool, store the pretzel bites in a sealed container for 1-2 days but beast eaten the same day. The dip will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. You can freeze the bites in a sealed container for up 1 month, allow to defrost at room temperature and enjoy.