This cake is a game changer, folks! If you thought you had nothing left to do with squash, you clearly haven't tried this cake yet. The squash, once baked, is quite sublime and really the only flavor that really shines is the cinnamon and spices. It’s such a warming snack cake and is a pretty interesting way to use up some leftover squash.
Cinnamon Spice Spaghetti Squash Cake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cinnamon Spice Spaghetti Squash Cake [Vegan]
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 6 tablespoons water
How to Prepare Cinnamon Spice Spaghetti Squash Cake [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Using a fork, pierce the spaghetti squash a few times around the outside and then microwave for three minutes. Cut the ends off the squash and cut the squash in half. Fill a large glass baking pan with water and place the two squash halves, flesh-side down into the pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes. The squash will be done when it is easy to piece the outside with a fork. Let cool a few minutes, remove seeds. Using a fork, scrape the inside of the squash to remove the strands of squash. Measure out 2 cups of squash and set aside.
- Reduce oven heat to 350°F.
- Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the flax meal and water.
- In a medium bowl stir the spelt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice together.
- In another small bowl whisk the maple syrup and coconut oil together. Add in the flax egg. Stir.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry. Fold in the squash.
- Baking about 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1026 | Total Carbs: 118 g | Total Fat: 62 g | Total Protein: 21 g | Total Sodium: 1441 g | Total Sugar: 17 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.